Encore 2550 upper fireback remove/replace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ekagrata

Oct 28, 2007
heart of Dixie
is anyone able to give me some brief guidance on removal/replacement of the upper fireback on an Encore 2550 (1997 model). I am needing to replace a damaged refractory assembly. Actually the body is in pretty fair shape but the front panel has come loose (screws at the top seem to have corroded thru and bottom screw seems to have missed its mark during original assembly) and the Refractory acces panel is split into two pretty equal pieces. I think this likely qualifies as the whole unit needing replacement but would love to hear otherwise. Everything up to this point seemed pretty straightforward in terms of disassembly but the upper fireback seems a bit more daunting.

Status
Not open for further replies.