1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Energy Savings revisited

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by DavidV, Dec 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DavidV

DavidV New Member

Loc:
    Richmond VA
    my NG company, Columbia Gas, now has a feature that allows you to look on line at your last 24 bills. each bill has a consumption chart on it listing the previous 12 months. So I was able to print out 3 bills and see my last 36 months of usage. I had JAn 03 usage of about 190 ccf. Jan 04 is 40 ccf and Jan 05 was about 45. I installed the stove in fall 2003. My electric for the winter of 02-03 was about $300/month. This month it was $87. so I am using between 1/4 the gass and 1/3 the electricity I did before installing a stove. Can't wait to see what it looks like once I get all the insulation done.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. vgrund

vgrund Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Amherst, NH
    Bravo!
  3. DonCT

DonCT Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Bristol, Connecticut
    SWEET!!!! That, my friend is some fantastic proof that of the money you can save by burning. My electric company does the same thing. You can see your usage for the past 12 months. I can't wait till I can get my fireplace and kick this electric heat pump to the curb!!!!
  4. Eric Johnson

Eric Johnson Mod Emeritus

Loc:
    Central NYS
    A few thousand bucks a year for a few years and pretty soon you're talking real money.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.