Enerzone 3.5 vs Osburn 3500

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Solargirl2023

Jun 25, 2023
Kenora
Hello all,

Last fall my husband and I bought an off grid home in Northern Canada. Our winter temperatures are frequently below -35 celsius (-31f) and we are looking for a new wood stove to help heat our 2000sqft bilevel. So far we are contemplating between the Osburn 3500 and Enerzone 3.5, both appear to be part of the SBI family and are very similar, wondering if anyone has any advice?

Same firebox size.only real difference is which one looks nicer to you,sbi has great customer support.

Also have a look at a Pacific Energy Summit, or any of PE's 3.0cuft fire boxes.

If your off grid you'd be a great candidate for a BlazeKing Catalytic stove such as the Princess or King. But make sure you do you're homework on these and know how to operate a catalytic stove. The thermostat would be better suited to maintaining temperature control if the stove is the primary source of heat.

How’s the insulation? If you need LOTS of heat I do with the SBI products.