Enerzone anyone?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

awitek

Hearth Supporter
Feb 26, 2008
Ohio
After a year long search, it's between two fireplaces:
Enerzone 2.5zc
double wall insulated ss
$4,500 installed
pros: great price, non cat, no problem with mantle clearance
cons: smaller firebox, unknown reputation

Xtrordinair 36 elite
double wall air insulated ss/galv
$6,100 installed
pros: big firebox, arched single door, attractive, great reputation
cons: very high combustible mantle clearance makes it almost impossible to have a wood mantle above this stove with an 8 foot ceiling.

I'm looking to supplement my all electric heating. 1600 sq ft ranch on a slab.
Which stove would you choose?

I tried looking at Kozy...closest dealer is 60 miles away.
Enerzone's mantel clearance is 50 inches from the base.
The FPX' mantel clearance is 63 inches from the base.
The Quad is 60 inches from the base.
After spending a year looking at fireplaces, I thought it would never come down to something as simple as mantel clearance that would be the deciding factor.
Just shy about pulling the trigger on a name no one has heard of with little to no reputation.

Seems like the most important things would be safety, reliability, size and the ability to heat well. A mantel often can be shielded, moved or replaced.

Have you also looked at the RSF Topaz?

That's why I'm asking if anyone has firsthand experience with an Enerzone fireplace and if it's reliable.
I know the song and dance from the salesman. Just looking for some real life experience.

Get the better fireplace and throw a copper mantle shield on...especially if that's the only con. Copper will look good next to the wood. 8

Thanks for the links. One post I was familiar with. One was new to me.
My experiences with fireplace/stove stores has been miserable.
One store only carries VC, Enerzone, Constitution, NorthStar. It took two weeks before they would get back to me regarding a quote. Their customer service stinks.
The other store is more mom and pop and carries Napoleon and Quads. They have no inventory left and are only getting in one more quad before December.
The store I would like to give my business to carries the XTP, Enerzone, Hearthstone and VC. This place was cheaper than the first store I visited. But the sales guy was really pushing the XTP. He did't have anything negative to say about the Enerzone, but couldn't convince me that the 2.5 cu foot firebox would heat my home.

Status
Not open for further replies.