England 25-EP Outside Air Kit

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
redhot1 said:
I'm using Nation's Choice Premimum Wood Pellets, supposedly made from hard wood (if you've ever heard of these guys?)

Fortunately for you, you only bought a few bags of these. They are made by the same company that makes "Infernos"....AKA the worst pellets made.

Be afraid.....be VERY afraid!!!! :ahhh:

I actually had just enough of the 2" flex pipe to do the job for the OAK. They provided me with a grand total of 6' of the flex which I used every bit of it. When I purchased this house 21 years ago there was already a clean-out installed in the masonry chimney at the garage level. This clean-out had a removable cover, I just custom made a metal plate that fit into the clean-out hole, and cut the OAK screen fitting into this plate, hooked the metal flex to it, and ran it down to the back of the stove. Just for the heck of it when I went outside today I could feel the air being sucked into the OAK fitting, I know it's doing exactly what it's supposed to.

After reading your previous post I did pull up Tractor Supply and found the address to the one in Waldorf, that I never knew was there. I didn't see the name of the pellets they sell, I did however see where customers rated them the highest they could be rated. I also found a local Ace Hardware Store that sells pellets someone else said were very good. I'm thinking the Tractor Supply in Waldorf will be about the closest right now for me. Until they build the one in St Mary's County, that will be the closest when it's completed. I'm going to call Tractor Supply tomorrow and see what they get per ton, or per bag? Waldorf is about 38 miles from my house, so that isn't bad. The Tractor Supply is just buried behind some other stores on one of the major routes around here, and maybe the reason I never noticed it?

I thought these pellets I have were producing a lot of ash. I'm just glad I didn't buy a bunch of this stuff. And here I thought pellets were pellets? Guess I learned fairly quick that isn't the case! By the way, Thanks again for letting me know where to get the good pellets. I'll run over this week and get some in Waldorf.

imacman said:
redhot1 said:
I'm using Nation's Choice Premimum Wood Pellets, supposedly made from hard wood (if you've ever heard of these guys?)

Fortunately for you, you only bought a few bags of these. They are made by the same company that makes "Infernos"....AKA the worst pellets made.

Be afraid.....be VERY afraid!!!! :ahhh:

I am, I am :bug:

Status
Not open for further replies.