England 30 NC Side and Rear Clearance

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

northernwoodsman

Hearth Supporter
Feb 13, 2008
Northern MN
I'm in the process of figuring out where to put the chimney. I bought double wall stove pipe to keep the stove from taking up half the room. My question is - do I need to install side heat shields if I want the back of the stove to be 5 inches from the wall? The stove has a rear heat sheild from the factory.

Thanks - I'm anxious to get the stove up and running!!

According to the clearances in the manual you do. Send an email to ESW asking if there are any exceptions. Use email so you have a written record in case of inspection or insurance issues.

Yep, it is six inches, but the pipe sits 2 inches forward of the rear of the stove.

side heat shields would be required as if you look at the back portions of the sides they are unprotected and within the allowed clearance on a radius. the sides will radiate heat just like the back would and this heat radiates in all unprotected angles. short answer, yes you need side shields

Status
Not open for further replies.