England PDV 25

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Magnarider

Dec 14, 2013
My fire is burning and throwing red embers. Is this correct? The flame was getting lazy and so I turned it up for more heat and to increase the flame and now it throws red embers while burning. Is this OK or do I need more adjustment?

Any ideas?

Thanks

when was the last time you gave the stove a good cleaning?
I cleaned the flue, the flue pipe, the interior of the stove and the burnbox lastnight. Last year I replaced all seals and gaskets when I replaced the upper auger motor. It has to be setting.

Are constant red embers a problem?

well how is the flame and heat out put? are you trying a new kind of pellets? and the 3 buttons on the bottom, what are they set to? the usual is 6-4-1.. and how does it run on high? does the flame get tall?

Status
Not open for further replies.