England stove 49-SHCPM info

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruffy

Hearth Supporter
Jan 3, 2010
jersey shore PA
Hello all. new to this place. anyhow i am a PROUD owner of this stove (england stove 49-SHCPM) and love to heat my house with it. but as my history is and the thing i always ask is....can i make it better hahaah. anyhow i will say this. my stove works really well. it blows hot air out really well, and burns ok. ok my stove i think was made in 2007 so it isnt that old. it has the digital box on the side like most newer modles today. but for some reason i think the blower should be pushing alot more air than it is. the top of the stove gets so hot i cant touch it. also its really feeding the pellets in there and im going through 3 bags a day at most. that is with the blower setting 9 and feed setting at 9. now here is another thing. there are 3 buttons on the bottom that i have no clue. and the book it came with needs to be burned because the lack of info given. does anyone have any clue on what these 3 bottom buttons are for? it might help me out with a setting because it seems to be burning way to much pellets for the heat given off. the only settings ive worked with were the blower speed and pellet feed witch are easy up and down buttons.

Ruffy said:
Hello all. new to this place. anyhow i am a PROUD owner of this stove (england stove 49-SHCPM) and love to heat my house with it. but as my history is and the thing i always ask is....can i make it better hahaah. anyhow i will say this. my stove works really well. it blows hot air out really well, and burns ok. ok my stove i think was made in 2007 so it isnt that old. it has the digital box on the side like most newer modles today. but for some reason i think the blower should be pushing alot more air than it is. the top of the stove gets so hot i cant touch it. also its really feeding the pellets in there and im going through 3 bags a day at most. that is with the blower setting 9 and feed setting at 9. now here is another thing. there are 3 buttons on the bottom that i have no clue. and the book it came with needs to be burned because the lack of info given. does anyone have any clue on what these 3 bottom buttons are for? it might help me out with a setting because it seems to be burning way to much pellets for the heat given off. the only settings ive worked with were the blower speed and pellet feed witch are easy up and down buttons.

Actually the Englander control board seems pretty hardy and certainly allows a wide and flexible range of adjustments , but from my little experience with the control board I see how it can be a bit complex and maybe even challenging for many stove owners , especially first timers expecting pellet burning to be a bit more simplistic.
Personally I think the manual needs to separate heat range adjustment instructions from the #1 and # 2 (low burn) adjustment instructions and better explain it`s the multi functions to what seems to be mostly a target market of fledgeling purchasers. I say that meaning mostly inexperienced first time buyers.
Of course we should also be thankful that we have so much support from both the factory techs , forum participants , and actual users .

Ruffy said:
Ruffy, this is the 2nd post you made today about your stove, and I answered the other one about the bottom 3 buttons. As for the "3 bags a day at most", remember, you are running the stove at max output, so it's going to use a lot of pellets.

As for increasing the blower speed, you'd have to call Englander tech line and speak with Mike Holton or one of his techs to see about if that's even possible.

BTW, please put your stove make & model into your signature line so we know what stove you have in future posts. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.