England Stove Works PDV25 Top Auger not turning

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pdcsd858

Jan 21, 2015
Bellmont Center, NY
I have an England Stove Works
PDV-25. Manufactured in 2008. I cannot figure out why the top auger is not turning. It has a brand new motor and the set screw is tight. I press the Auger lid safety switch and nothing. I've thourghly cleaned the stove and the vaccum lines. Any help would be much appreciated because I'm stumped.

By jumping the switch, do you mean just bypass it? The hopper lid safety switch is in line with it and the auger motor also. Should I just go from the auger motor to the safety switch to the board then?

Disconnect the stove from the mains.

Remove the two wires on the vac switch, find a paperclip and connect the two wires together. Make sure these wires do not touch the stove casing, it will trip a fuse if it does.

Plug stove back into the mains and run the stove to see if the auger turns with the hopper lid close / hopper switch pressed. Test the stove with a 10 - 20 mins run, if it runs, you have a problem with the switch or the tube to that switch, replace either or both.

I think you mean.....unplug it.

Status
Not open for further replies.