Englander 10-CDV Room Air Blower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ghost5849

Aug 30, 2008
Central NJ
I have an Englander 10-CDV purchased in 8/08. It does ok heating my 1800 sq ft house but I think my convection blower isn't working. I've never felt any air blowing out of the stove. This morning, I lit a match and held it in front of the vents and it didn't even flicker. The stove's been like this since I purchased it. I never did anything about it because once the stove runs for an hour it throws a lot of radiant heat.

I assume this isn't the normal operation. The manual says it could be a loose room air sensor but doesn't show where that sensor is located and how to tighten it. Has anyone had similiar issues and fixed them? I'd love some input.

Thank you

Have you tried adjusting the air on temp button ? The third bottom button .on the control panel . I don't have a corn burner ,but that is the first thing I would look at .
I was just looking at the diagram of your stove and it is a lot different than mine .It can't hurt to check what that setting is at .Just push the button and you should get a number to show what it is at . Also if it has never worked I would check that the wires are connected .You really should call the factory and get them to walk you threw diagnosing it . I think it is free and you will get some one that knows that stove . The number is in the manual .

Status
Not open for further replies.