Englander 10-CPM Pellet Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

xavblk

Jul 29, 2011
New Jersey
Hello - would anyone who owns this multifuel model have any tips on the type of pellets that would work best? This will be my first time using this stove and am looking for general tips on pellets that will or will not work in this stove. Also, are manufacturers who have Premium stamped on their labeling meeting some sort of criteria to make that claim? If yes, what is the criteria? I was about to purchase Great American Pellets at $235 a ton ($265 delivered) when I found out that the nearby Home Depot has a ton of Agrirecycle pellets for $197 a ton; this company is brand new, could not find any reviews. They both claim to be Premium pellets with less than 1% ash content however Agrirecycle claims to have less than 5% moisture while GAP claims less than 8%. In your opinion are these manufacturers specs accurate? Thanks in advance for any responses.

Welcome to the forum and to the wonderful world of pellet heat. Good luck with that new stove, you are on the best place to find help and assistance.

xavblk said:
Hello - would anyone who owns this multifuel model have any tips on the type of pellets that would work best? This will be my first time using this stove and am looking for general tips on pellets that will or will not work in this stove. Also, are manufacturers who have Premium stamped on their labeling meeting some sort of criteria to make that claim? If yes, what is the criteria? I was about to purchase Great American Pellets at $235 a ton ($265 delivered) when I found out that the nearby Home Depot has a ton of Agrirecycle pellets for $197 a ton; this company is brand new, could not find any reviews. They both claim to be Premium pellets with less than 1% ash content however Agrirecycle claims to have less than 5% moisture while GAP claims less than 8%. In your opinion are these manufacturers specs accurate? Thanks in advance for any responses.

I have a 10-cpm, and the stove will burn ANY pellet w/o problems, given the proper exhaust set-up (as per Englander specs). The Great American pellets got good reviews on the forum....I'd try them before the other brand.

Typically, new pellet mills go through a period of "growing pains" and the pellets aren't good.

One of the lower priced pellets available at a lot of Home Depots are the Stove Chow brand....they burned VERY well in my 10-cpm.

That said, as we always preach to newbies, do NOT buy a large quantity of ANY pellet without at least test burning 3-4 bags first....but a multi-fuel stove will be the least affected by poorer quality pellets.

imacman said:
xavblk said:

I have a 10-cpm, and the stove will burn ANY pellet w/o problems, given the proper exhaust set-up (as per Englander specs). The Great American pellets got good reviews on the forum....I'd try them before the other brand.

Typically, new pellet mills go through a period of "growing pains" and the pellets aren't good.

One of the lower priced pellets available at a lot of Home Depots are the Stove Chow brand....they burned VERY well in my 10-cpm.

That said, as we always preach to newbies, do NOT buy a large quantity of ANY pellet without at least test burning 3-4 bags first....but a multi-fuel stove will be the least affected by poorer quality pellets.

x2 - ANY. That's what excellent about that stove. Good job on the purchase, that stove is an underdog and underated.

Status
Not open for further replies.