englander 12 fp for workshop

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bhd21478

Hearth Supporter
Oct 18, 2010
Missouri
I bought a pre epa 12 fp for my workshop. Its 1500 sq ft insulated well built modern shop. I use it recreationally for various jobs. I have a jotul 450 so Im aware of the epa benefits. I went the cheaper route since this purchase included some simpson duravent 6ft stove pipe, 4 ft double walled duravent class a chimney pipe, flashing, drop down box, and a cap for 385. The stove was used one winter and seems in good shape. I would probably use the stove 2 times a week average in really cold weather say nov-april. This will also be a great place for my kids to play this winter. I dont have the stove hooked up yet. The original ownder had two 240 volt baseboard heaters placed on each end of the building. They worked well but take half to almost all day to heat up much. He left them on all winter and kept them on low. He said he would pay 40 to 50 bucks a month. After last winter and all that arctic blast cold I thought this was a better solution. Im a wood burner at heart as well. I have read reviews on this stove, som good some not. Most of it is related to efficiency. What are some feedback?Will this be a good shop stove?If i can just heat it to 55 or 60 on super cold days that wold be sufficient.

For a shop stove it should be ok. It's a smaller stove so burn times will not be long, but it should supplement the electric heating nicely. I would still have the electric set to 40-45F. Heating the contents, walls and ceiling of a dead cold building is going to take a long time, even with wood heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.