Englander 13-NC baffle replacement

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinG

Aug 10, 2010
Lancaster County, PA
I bought a used Englander 13-NC (older style made in 2003) off craigslist this weekend. I got a good deal but there are a couple items that I'd like to replace before I burn it.

1. There are a few broken firebricks. They are listed in the manual as 9x4x1.25. Is that a standard size or do I need to order them from Englander?

2. The fiber board baffle is broken in half and badly chipped around the edges. I think I recall some people placing firebricks above these reburn tubes instead of the fiber board. How is that working out?

3. The stove came with a fan but even on low it's rather noisy and puts out more air than seems to be necessary. I'm wonder if a rheostat (http://www.northlineexpress.com/item/5SA-4008/Dial-A-Temp-Rheostat) to slow down the fan speed would be helpful. What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.