Englander 13-nci Out side air

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WARDNEAL

Jun 13, 2010
Central Ks
Just got my new 13-nci and was looking to hook up OAK.

Englander said 3in at back of Insert.

I have a rectangular opening on the back.

Is that it?

What can I use to hook up to this odd shape?

Thanks.

Oh I see you need an adaptor. Englander must have an adaptor kit for it. OR just do up a quick sketch at your local sheetmetal H-VAC shop and they will make up a square to round/rectangle for you.

The air inlet for a 13NCI insert is over the door on the front. The is no way to hook an outside air kit to that. Probably the reason you can't use the insert in a mobile home.

If you are seeing a three inch inlet in the manual then you are looking at the manual for a freestanding 13NCL or 13NCP not the 13NCI.

I may have gotten the wrong information from englander.

What is the opening in the back of the insert?

Thanks.

WARDNEAL said:
I may have gotten the wrong information from englander.

What is the opening in the back of the insert?

Thanks.

It should be where the secondary air comes in for the tubes in the top of the firebox.

BB is correct , the NCI takes primary and tertiery air from the room secondary air comes in through the rectangular opening in the rear of the stove , while it could be adapted to accept outside air it wouldnt show much effect in the primary fire.

Thanks, that is what I needed to know.

stoveguy2esw said:
BB is correct , the NCI takes primary and tertiery air from the room secondary air comes in through the rectangular opening in the rear of the stove , while it could be adapted to accept outside air it wouldnt show much effect in the primary fire.
wow! this implies it can be adapted inspite of lack of UL testing for such an install?

BLIMP said:
this implies it can be adapted inspite of lack of UL testing for such an install?

Are any stoves tested with OAK installed?

BrotherBart said:
BLIMP said:
this implies it can be adapted inspite of lack of UL testing for such an install?

dunno but i bet this 1 aint & i'm anti-oak per gulland= just wondering

BrotherBart said:
BLIMP said:

as far as i know they are not , its not a requirement of UL-1482, and only a requirement for mobile home certification which this stove does not carry.

Status
Not open for further replies.