Englander 24JC Insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dustin

Minister of Fire
Sep 3, 2008
Western Oregon
While goofing around on Craigslist tonight I found an Englander 24JC for sale. They only want 300 bucks for the stove.

My current insert is a pile of crap. Eats wood, heats O.K.

I'm planning on moving out of this house in the late spring early summer, trying to decide if the 300 bucks is worth it for better heat.

Anyone have one of those stoves? Or know anything about it? Is it a decent deal? of course if it's not over fired ect.

That stove should be a 600 pound catalytic heating beast. But you will need an 8" liner for it.

I just looked online and read the manual, from what I take from it if it's lined all the way to the top, as mine is the 6 inch liner will work. It does have an 8 inch flue exit on the stove. Did I read it wrong?

You are correct. I had not seen that part before.

Status
Not open for further replies.