englander 25 E1 code fixed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott M

Nov 3, 2012
Blairstown, NJ
I got the dreaded E1 code the other day but thanks to the Englander site and this forums search box I was able to find the vacuum hose to the exhaust blower cracked and leaking air. I temporarily sniped the hose shorter and reconnected it after clearing out the fitting on the blower. Now my question for the permanent repair. My hose is white and I have seen some pictures of blue vacuum hoses, Which one is better and where can I get it ? Because my house is small I run the stove at 1 0. I think that this makes the stove hotter and thats why the hose failed after only 1 1/2 seasons of use. Is there any mods done to keep this from happening ?

Glad you were able to do a short term fix. Hopefully other Englander owners will chime in with availability/type of hose to get...

englander has the correct hose for sale on their site. Mine even was included in my kit this year with their yearly earlybird special. that was nice because i found my hoses were very brittle and cracked and i didnt even know it, no symptoms.
ok now you say you run your stove at 1 0 ? is that feed rate 1 fan speed 0? if thats the case those numbers should either be equal or the fan speed should always be higher than the feed rate.

Thanks, Yes heat range is set to 1 and blower speed is 0. The heat range can't be set lower than 1 and the blower can be set at 0. I have read that heat range and blower speed should be at least the same but I figured 0 was OK but maybe I should re consider. I kept the blower at 0 so the house wouldn't get too hot. My ranch house will go up to 78 degrees after about 6 or 8 hours depending on the outside temperature. I wonder how others with small houses cope with this. I think I will try the blower at 1 and see what the results are. It may keep the stove a little cooler.

Status
Not open for further replies.