Englander 25-EP - Exhaust fan not working.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GrahamInVa

Minister of Fire
Jun 14, 2011
Eastern, Virginia
I decided to get my stove ready for heating season today. I pulled the "plugs" out of the vent and OAK. Filled her up with pellet, plugged her in and.......... nothing.

The control board display lights up, but no exhaust fan running.I checked the voltage and immediately get 100 volts then drops down to 2 over about 30 seconds. see video..

Also, the ignitor isn't getting hot. I didn't check the voltage on that.

Everything was working when I put her away.. I did a super clean and pluged everything up in the spring. And yes the electorical cord has been unpluged all summer.

I'm thinking the control board has gone bad?

Any ideas? Hope they cover it under warranty. I bought it 14 months ago.

Did you try running straight 120 (with a test power cord) to the motor to see if it will run?

Did you try running straight 120 (with a test power cord) to the motor to see if it will run?

I didn't since the voltage was all goofy. I figured that was the issue. But I guess it wouldn't hurt to make sure to fan works.

Status
Not open for further replies.