Englander 25-EP

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sc0872

Feb 9, 2009
MO
This stove has worked for 4years and all of sudden this winter I am having trouble. The room blower stops blowing still fire burning then it will continue to drop pellets and the blower will turn back on after a while. I am thinking Temp Sensor?? Thank you in advance for the reply's.

Have you switched pellet brands? Does it do it only on low fire (heat setting 1 or 2)?

I got the same situation on my 10-cpm on low fire (heat setting #1) with cheap pellets back in Oct.....it was really bad with the nasty North American's. I ended up raising the LFF to 3 and the LBA to 5 and then the blower kept running.

Stove & exhaust are clean? (dirty exhaust system near heat sensor probe might insulate it from correct temp).

I just started burning somersets and yes I leave it burning on 1 24/7 and usually shut down and do a good cleaning once a week. I just cleaned out exhaust pipe with a brush.

Have you ever cleaned out the room blower motor itself? It might well be plugged with dust and overheating, and the thermal shutdown in the motor is doing its job.
This is assuming the stove isn't cooling off due to insufficient burn. When the motor starts up again, is the air coming out very very hot?

IMO, the stove probably needs a good cleaning, and I recommend trying running the stove on heat #2 and see if it shuts down then. If it doesn't, you have your problem figured out.....not hot enough to keep the thermal sensor hot enough.

Try answering the peoples' questions who are trying to help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.