Englander 25-PDV bottom settings

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jjones139

Feeling the Heat
Dec 9, 2013
Orange County, NY
I am new to this site so please bare with me. I have taken the time to read thru many of the threads and I am curious to the reasons behind changing the bottom settings of the control panel. My unit is set at 6-4-1, which is the factory setting. Can someone explain to me the benefit of changing these? My buddy has the same stove and he has changes his to 6-2-3. I have experimented with 3 different types of hardwood pellet and have found to like the Greene Team Platinum the best. I am simply looking to maximize my fuel and also maintain a comfortable heat enviroment. Thanks in advance.

John

First do not change the last one unless you are trouble shooting with a England Stove Works tech on the other end of the phone call.

The settings are for fine tuning and how they affect the stove's operation depends upon the controller program in your stove and the mode it is being fired in.

Basically they are used to match the fuel to air ratio. If you lower the feed you may need to lower the air to keep a fire going. People frequently change both to decrease fuel consumption, the effect on stove temperature and the room air when you decrease the firing rate is to lower it. If you increase the air you can begin sending more heat up the flue than you really want to, as well as have an unstable fire, and lower temperatures.

I don't try to keep track of what stove version does what with those settings in detail other than to know what they are there for.

Reactions: jjones139
First do not change the last one unless you are trouble shooting with a England Stove Works tech on the other end of the phone call.

The settings are for fine tuning and how they affect the stove's operation depends upon the controller program in your stove and the mode it is being fired in.

Basically they are used to match the fuel to air ratio. If you lower the feed you may need to lower the air to keep a fire going. People frequently change both to decrease fuel consumption, the effect on stove temperature and the room air when you decrease the firing rate is to lower it. If you increase the air you can begin sending more heat up the flue than you really want to, as well as have an unstable fire, and lower temperatures.

I don't try to keep track of what stove version does what with those settings in detail other than to know what they are there for.

Thanks Smokey :) This is a great site and I really enjoy reading all the variety of opinions. I will not mess with any settings and will stick with the factory. I'm just getting my feet wet with our pellet stove so the more I read the more I learn :)

Status
Not open for further replies.