englander 25 pdv

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sisko

Jan 19, 2014
pa
My stove is only a week old and up until today seemed to work fine.Now this morning didn't seem to warm my house I had the heat range on 6 and the blower on 6 and my funace started running so I turned the settings to 9 and 9 and only keeping my house at 68 and it is 34 outside.

My stove is only a week old and up until today seemed to work fine.Now this morning didn't seem to warm my house I had the heat range on 6 and the blower on 6 and my funace started running so I turned the settings to 9 and 9 and only keeping my house at 68 and it is 34 outside.
How cold was it before, when the stove was heating well for you ? I know it's 30 here but with a very brisk WSW wind and the south side of my house could be getting heated better than it is. This is my house's Achilles heal for a wind direction. We can have a blowing 35MPH or more, NE wind,with a snow storm going on and 18 deg out. The stove will heat it fine, in fact great !!

How cold was it before, when the stove was heating well for you ? I know it's 30 here but with a very brisk WSW wind and the south side of my house could be getting heated better than it is. This is my house's Achilles heal for a wind direction. We can have a blowing 35MPH or more, NE wind,with a snow storm going on and 18 deg out. The stove will heat it fine, in fact great !!
it was in the 20's now today it's 32 with very little wind

like I said up until today it was keeping my house very warm
One of the pros will help you out I'm sure ( I'm still burning coal). Have you cleaned your burn pot and things you would do on a weekly schedule, quick vac out etc. ?

You have got to give us more information to work with.
What does the fire look like?
Does it look like it did before?
Are you burning the same pellets?
Can you measure the temperature of the air coming out of the convention blower port?
Is there air coming from the convection blower port?
Does it vary with the blower setting?
Are you using a thermostat?
That should do for starters.
Pictures help.

Status
Not open for further replies.