ENGLANDER 25-PDVC AIR TEMP DROPS WITH INCREASED HEAT AND BLOWER SPEED

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sfron1178

Nov 22, 2008
cape cod
I HAVE A 25-PVDC THAT HAS BEEN WORKING FINE. HEAT SETTING 1 OR 2 AND BLOWER SPEED THE SAME. NOW THAT IT IS GETTING COLDER I HAVE INCREASED BOTH SETTINGS AND NOTICE A DROP IN ROOM TEMP. I PUT A THERMOMETER IN FRONT OF THE GRILLE OVER THE DOOR AND HAVE FOUND AS I RAISE THE SETTINGS THE TEMP FALLS. HEAT 2 BLOWER 2 TEMP 245*, HEAT 3 BLOWER 3 TEMP 205*, BLOWER 4 HEAT 4 TEMP 205*, HEAT 5 BLOWER 5 TEMP 205*, BLOWER 9 HEAT 9 TEMP 225*. I LET THE UNIT RUN 30 MINS AT THE NEW SETTINGS EACH TIME. ALSO TRIED HEAT 9 BLOWER 7 TEMP JUMPED UP TO 230*, BUT NOT RECOMMENDED IN OWNERS MANUAL TO USE TWO DIFFERENT SETTINGS. I AM WONDERING IF THIS NORMAL OR HAS ANYONE HAD OTHER RESULTS. THE HOUSE SEEMS TO STAY WARMER AT THE LOWER SETTING OF 2-2.

Here is my situation. I have a 1500 ft. cape. Top two buttons on 1 & 2, 3 bottom buttons set at 5-5-1. Temps outside are below zero and inside (stove room right now is 71.4 and 68 everywhere else in the house. I haven't had to increase top two buttons because I tried and it would drive us out of the house. Just my stove though. I have an outside air kit installed. Rooms are walled off, not open concept or cathedral ceilings. Have only run it 24/7 for past couple of days. When I got home at 5:30 pm it was 75 in stove room and 71 everywhere else. I do know my home was built by a home builder and is probably very well insulated. Hope this helps.

I have 210* on setting 2,6 the air comes out hotter on the left side of the stove VS the right. I will go down to 2,2 and see what I get,

pelletizer said:
I have 210* on setting 2,6 the air comes out hotter on the left side of the stove VS the right. I will go down to 2,2 and see what I get,

What are you using for a thermometer? I have a meat probe, would that work?

I just tried with a meat probe and stuck it in where the air blows out and it went up to over 250 in 8 seconds on 1-1.

230* on 2,2 if anyone is interested gone back to 2,6 I will settle for 210* with higher cfm

I think my stove is running way hotter. What do you think?

Hey someone is here and its sydney, yes a meat probe, Oil heat is kicking on a bit in the family room, I have it set at 70 and is the furthest room form the stove,

I think that is good your stove is running way hot and on 1,1 you won,t use many pellets.
I am not sure what the normal air temp for these stoves is?

pelletizer said:
I think that is good your stove is running way hot and on 1,1 you won,t use many pellets.
I am not sure what the normal air temp for these stoves is?

hey, pelletizer, how's it going? If you know what a meat thermometer looks like, I stuck the end of it in the slots in the front of the stove and let it sit there. 8 secs later 250 degrees. Not sure if that is what everyone is looking for. I tried to just hold the end of it near where the air is blowing out and it just creeped up to temp. I don't have patience.

Going good here in cow hampshire "moo" the cows are cold tonight, no 4 below temps tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.