Englander 25-pdvc - bent restrictor plate

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

workinprogress

Nov 1, 2014
Vermont
I noticed today that I burned more pellets than normal. Emptied the hopper in 12 hrs compared to my normal 24 hrs.

Since the hopper was empty I took the time to vacuum up the fines. After cleaning things up I noticed the restrictor plate was bent. Specifically the side without the screw was almost 3/4 of an inch off the bottom. I removed the screw and was able to bend the plate back in my hand. Seems like this plate should be much stronger.
Looks like upper auger may have pushed pellets into the restrictor plate causing it to lift.

Anyone else have this happen?

hmmmmm... new one on me. ive seen a few that were slightly bent up but nothing like what you are describing

Mike, mine has done this before too. I replaced mine with a thicker plate.

Sorry I should have took a picture. The unscrewed end was high enough that pellets where freely flowing under it. Which seemed to cause my higher pellet consumption. I straightened the plate and restarted the stove. Back to my normal burn rate.

Mine is doing the same thing. Where did you get a thicker plate?
You would need to have one made at a fabrication shop, or buy some steel plate and make it yourself

Just found mine bent too. Not badly but there were pellets stuck under it. Looks like i need to make a trip to the shop to fab up a new one for my and dads stove.