englander 25-pdvc bottom auger always on

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

agk488

Hearth Supporter
Jan 31, 2010
Maine
I just recently blew a fuse. I found the problem and it was a wire that was melted. I taped it and made sure all the wires are away from any areas that get to hot. I replaced the fuse and as soon as I plug the stove into the wall the bottom auger starts turning. The only thing that stops if from turning is to unplug the machine. Any suggestions. Thanks, Alan

when i first start my stove the bottom auger turns untill start up is complete .
did u try staring the stove and let it run?

Phatty said:
slvrblkk said:
The bottom auger does run all the time.....at least mine does and always has.

now that i sit and watch it does run all the time

Yes, it does turn all the time when the stove is "ON", but the poster sez the auger turns on as soon as the stove is plugged in.

Panhandler said:
Phatty said:
slvrblkk said:

Yes, it does turn all the time when the stove is "ON", but the poster sez the auger turns on as soon as the stove is plugged in.

Woh...good catch...I should wake up and have coffee before I post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now it sounds like a board problem.

slvrblkk said:
Panhandler said:
Phatty said:
slvrblkk said:

Woh...good catch...I should wake up and have coffee before I post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now it sounds like a board problem.

same here i didnt have any coffee

If anyone wants to know how to do a hard control board re-set:

1. Shut off stove...let cool
2. Unplug, wait a few seconds, and plug back in.
3. Within 3-4 seconds, press all 3 bottom buttons at the same time, and release. You should get an "F-5" in the upper display.

Allow the lights to all go out, and start stove.

Now, obviously, if the bottom auger is still turning after this, there is really something screwy.....I'm guessing that short that blew the fuse did damage to the control board.

If this doesn't work, a call to Englander tomorrow is in order.

bad trace in the circuit board, likely not going to degrade further, ahrd reboot will not fix it. its a new board or simply unplug it after it has clearly gone out at the end of a run.

if he unit is less tha a year old , contact my shop at 800-245-6489 they will ship you a replacement free if under a year old. i'd have you contact me directly but im officially on vacation until a week from tomorrow (mid season sanity break and golf outing in myrtle beach) anyway , if you call in and follow the prompts to technical support , ask for lenny or brandon , they are my 2 most senior techs they can guide you through troubleshooting to rule out other possibilities , but from teh symptoms you have posted i'd be suprised if it wasnt a bad board.

(mid season sanity break and golf outing in myrtle beach)

Nice...............enjoy the time off!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the Help. I called England's Stove Works and got a new control board. I was out of the warranty but they were willing to sell it to me at dealer price which I thought was fair. I Replaced the board and the stove is know working properly. I am going to take a look at the board and see if I can detect the bad trace and repair the board to have a back up. Thanks again, Alan

Alan K. said:
..... I was out of the warranty but they were willing to sell it to me at dealer price which I thought was fair. I Replaced the board and the stove is know working properly......

I don't care what ANYONE says, Englander Tech support is the best in the Biz. Try getting a control board from any other stove manufacturer for dealer cost AFTER it's out of warranty....good luck.

Alan K. said:
Thanks for the Help. I called England's Stove Works and got a new control board. I was out of the warranty but they were willing to sell it to me at dealer price which I thought was fair. I Replaced the board and the stove is know working properly. I am going to take a look at the board and see if I can detect the bad trace and repair the board to have a back up. Thanks again, Alan

Alan, did you have that baby on a surge protector when the fuse blew?

Status
Not open for further replies.