Englander 25 pdvc oak temp question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ken372

Sep 18, 2014
Pa.
Hi folks, I am new here and can't thank everyone enough for all the great help and info!
My question today is just how hot if at all does the oak pipe get? The reason I ask I because I just had the electrician here to move a wire in the wall so we could install our thimble and he seemed to just loop it down away from the thimble but my oak pipe is aprox 2 inches below the wire.
Is this ok? Note there is insulation between the wire and oak and aprox 2 inches of space but I just want to be sure this is ok before we use the stove.

The OAK pulls in cold air while the stove is running. Shouldn't be a problem. The OAK temp will be close to the outside temp.

Reactions: heat seeker
Thanks brother Bart this stove was bought new in 2005 and used only 2 months and has been sitting since.i just got it up here where we moved and I've rebuilt it from top to bottom since it sat so long and I can't wait to fire her up.especially since I knew nothing about pellet stoves when we bought it but man have I learned sooo much
On this forum and what I did learn was that I never had the stove burning right from day 1 out of the box.so I am pumped about running it this season and hopefully many more to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.