Englander 25 pdvc pellet consumption

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Briatar

Oct 27, 2017
Bath Ontario
Hi everyone I need some help with my pellet stove... I am burning through 40lbs of pellets in a 12hr period and I've tried hard wood and soft wood pellets....it starts out nice but as the stove gets hotter it starts to burn more pellets and the flame is enormous ...by the end of the hopper it's so hot you can barely get near the stove.... I've got it set at 1-2-1 for the bottom settings and run 1-7 on the heat and blower the restrictor plate is closed up to and I'm in d mode ....if I set the the stove up with a 6-4-1 I'm lucky to get 6hrs out of a bag
Thanks in advance

A bag (40) pounds isn't bad, currently I'm burning 100 pounds every 24 hours. Of course that is corn and pellets but if you are concerned about how hot it is, put a fan blowing on it, you'll get even better heat. I do. I use a box fan on mine. Designed to get hot. I can easily light a cigarette on the front of mine when it's cooking like it is right now.

Hi everyone I need some help with my pellet stove... I am burning through 40lbs of pellets in a 12hr period and I've tried hard wood and soft wood pellets....it starts out nice but as the stove gets hotter it starts to burn more pellets and the flame is enormous ...by the end of the hopper it's so hot you can barely get near the stove.... I've got it set at 1-2-1 for the bottom settings and run 1-7 on the heat and blower the restrictor plate is closed up to and I'm in d mode ....if I set the the stove up with a 6-4-1 I'm lucky to get 6hrs out of a bag
Thanks in advance

Sounds like the stove, vent pipe are clogged up. And you my have a programing issue with the board if it raises feed rates without changing the settings. Have you contacted ESW customer service?

Reactions: SidecarFlip
Sure sounds like venting coagulation by fly ash as the primary cause. Venting, as well as the stove itself require very regular cleaning. I pull my cleanout cap every week and dump it and knock on the outside vent pipe with a wood stick to dislodge any collected gunk in the vertical outside vent and drop it out of the cleanout cap and then a mid winter suck out with the leaf blower too. Every spring when I take the stove apart and remove and lubricate all the drive motors and grease the reduction gearboxes, I take the venting apart completely and pressure wash it inside with ZEP purple degreaser and make it shiny clean inside.

Regular cleaning and maintaining it is key to trouble free operation. The dirtier they get inside and in the exhaust vet, the less efficient they become and the more trouble you encounter.

I have the same stove and at 1-7 6-4-1 i get 16-18 hours per bag.At the setting you said 1-2-1 mine stove would not stay lit , set mine to 4-4-1 2-7 and get 24 hours to a bag. not sure whats going on with yours. You might want to check how long it takes the upper auger to make one complete revolution might be feed to fast

Im taking a guess at this but i bet the top auger turns 1.2-1.5 times in 60 seconds maybe the bottom also

I have the same stove and at 1-7 6-4-1 i get 16-18 hours per bag.At the setting you said 1-2-1 mine stove would not stay lit , set mine to 4-4-1 2-7 and get 24 hours to a bag. not sure whats going on with yours. You might want to check how long it takes the upper auger to make one complete revolution might be feed to fast
So when the advanced settings are set to 1-2-7 and the heat range and blower are 4-4 you get 24 hours on a burn? How much heat is it putting out? I’m running mine 1-2-1 and 7-7 which is making great heat but I’m only getting 12-14 hours per bag (40lb).

no sorry your miss reading my post. at 1-2-1 my stove wont stay lite. when i set tp 4-4-1 advance setting and 2-7 i can get 24 hours out of a 40lbs bag