englander 25 pdvc

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

leroy252

Dec 23, 2010
western ma
I have the stove mentioned above and I am having a issue with pellet consumption. I have had this stove for 9 years and it has always worked great. Lately it has been burning a hopper full in 6 hours. this is on the lowest auger setting. I have done some research on here about the fine adjustments and my low fuel feed is on 1 and the air is on 8 and it still running through pellets. The fire is outta control and the stove gets real hot. so hot that I can run the room air on 9 and got hot air out of it. If I turn the auger speed up to 3 the fire is managble, but still to hot for my house. This will probably the last year I run this stove, I just need it to make the winter. Any help on this would be great. Thanks

2x tech support they will help you troubleshoot your problem

my board seems to be controling the augers if I turn up the auger speed the duration is longer and it controls the blower up and down. Its like more pellets are getting by the auger. Anyone know how to adjust the heat mode.

Leroy, the 1-8-1 setting is way off for a PDVC. There is way too much air going through compared to the amount of pellets, which may be the reason for the stove being so hot.....it's like adding extra oxygen to a cutting torch....the temp goes way up.

Try setting the lower 3 buttons to 4-6-1 just for the heck of it and see if the stove burns OK on lower heat settings. Also, when was the last COMPLETE stove cleaning?

imacman said:
Leroy, the 1-8-1 setting is way off for a PDVC. There is way too much air going through compared to the amount of pellets, which may be the reason for the stove being so hot.....it's like adding extra oxygen to a cutting torch....the temp goes way up.

Try setting the lower 3 buttons to 4-6-1 just for the heck of it and see if the stove burns OK on lower heat settings. Also, when was the last COMPLETE stove cleaning?

this is true but doesn't explain why he is going through a hopper full in 6 hours.. i know when i get a bog of pellets that are very short in leangth it is very hard to slow the feed rate down so the stove burns way hotter than normal and consumes more pellets. maybe he has pellets that are like BB's and the auger just chews right through them?

empty the hopper completely, once the hopper and upper auger are completely empty , check to see if the top auger slides front to back in the feed tube. if it does , pull the back cover and tighten the allen setscrews that hold the auger to the bearing.

if the auger can shift back it can open a "trap door" so to speak which can allow pellets (especially smaller ones) to slide through directly to the bottom auger. "free feeding"

when the setscrews are tightened the auger should be shoved forward as far as it will go first to the point that the collar which holds the motor on should be butted against the race of the bearing.

Sorry it took me so long to respond. I will check the auger first thing tomorrow. i did check to see if the board was controling the auger on it is . it seems to be working fine (the board). get back to you tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.