Englander 25PDCV hopper

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

micpman

Oct 1, 2008
Seacost NH
Im having troubles with the hopper not clearing itself. I load the stove at night and it shuts it self off because all the pellets do not run down into the hopper auger.
Is this a common problem?

micpman said:
Im having troubles with the hopper not clearing itself. I load the stove at night and it shuts it self off because all the pellets do not run down into the hopper auger.

This a fairly common problem. After reading about the same issue on this forum from other folks with different brands of stoves, I used aluminum tape from Home Depot to line my hopper. This has worked great and all of the pellets go down. Others have used wax paper and rubbed the wax side of the paper in their hopper, as well as, waxing the hopper with carnuba wax. I hate waxing my car so the tape was the way to go for me.

micpman said:

As Rap mentioned, your not alone in the pellet hopper issue.....many people have tried things to make the pellets move easier. I started a thread about a week or so ago on my attempt to make the pellets move better....it worked for me.

www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/25892/

I used aluminum tape to line my hopper like rap69ri said it works good.

Status
Not open for further replies.