Englander 28-3500 Add On Furnance blowing distance?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sroby

Jan 18, 2016
Kentucky
Hello, I'm a newbie to Hearth and wood burning furnace as well. I haven't purchased the furnace yet and was wondering if anyone has any idea on the distance the blower could send air to my furnace?
I was wanting to put the Englander against the outside wall of my walkout basement, so I could send the smoke stack up the side of the house. That would put the Englander blower sending the air about 18ft horizontally to my house furnace.
The other option of putting the Englander closer is just difficult in finding a good place to have the smoke stack go through the middle of the house. Maybe could run through one of the bedroom closets?

Back to option "A" with the Englander about 18ft from my furnace. That would put the Englander in my finished basement, so is the motor very loud? If the motor isn't large enough for that distance could I get a larger maybe more expensive quieter motor?

Has anyone ever hooked up the wood burning furnace to the cold air return of your house furnace? That shouldn't be done, correct?
Any info would be great, Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.