Englander 30 Hearth Pad

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottL

Aug 31, 2008
Eastern Ct
I have an englander 30 I bought at home depot , I am just wondering is there any difference in the r value needed for floor protection wether i use the pedestal or the legs. And why does this particular stive require so much r value. thanks in advance for any info

32 views and not 1 person has anything to add?

this is off topic, but was wondering what HD was selling NC 13"s for in your area. Dont have a clue as to your question. Write brother Bart he seems to know everything about the englanders

I just bought one as well, although not from HD. I believe (at least online) the one at HD is going for $1299 which includes shipping.

As for the hearth pad, you need R1.5. ESW doesn't mention in the manual whether or not that is for the legs or pedestal, so I made the assumption that it holds true either way. I'm sure someone will be along with a definitive answer though.

Well, that looks like one Mr. Know It All doesn't know. We will have to wait for Mike or Corie to come along. They build'em.

BrotherBart said:
Well, that looks like one Mr. Know It All doesn't know. We will have to wait for Mike or Corie to come along. They build'em.

Yo BB, I was wondering if you know what the going rate is for a NC 13. I bought one today for $780. seems like ive heard they were less at some places. I always refer people to you on englander issues

Hanko said:
BrotherBart said:

Yo BB, I was wondering if you know what the going rate is for a NC 13. I bought one today for $780. seems like ive heard they were less at some places. I always refer people to you on englander issues

The ones I saw at Lowe's Wed. were $799 and the 12 was $699. So your $780 at HD seems in line. The online prices look like they have $350 built-in to cover freight.

Eggs and milk cost a lot more than last year. Not surprising that stoves do also.

As mentioned in another thread, the non-in-stock 13NC I checked on at Lowes is $1000. I'm still checking, but have found some at a lower price. I'll let you all know how it worked out.

Scott, I too need to check on floor protection. Up till now, I figured the pedestal on top of a non combustible floor surface was good enough. I'm planning on one layer of cement board (Durock) and ceramic tile, but I need to get that info verfied.

Bill

I was hoping to do the same thing just a layer or two of durock then tile. But it seems I am gonna have to build it way up with durock because i cant seem to locate micore in my area. Also if there is some kind of a bottom heat shield that could be added to lower the required r value?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.