Englander 30NC vs Jotul F600

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cham1733

Jun 25, 2014
So I was all set to get an Englander 30NC from Home Depot and then I found a used Jotul F600 that is in "like new" condition for $1300. Now it has me wondering if I might like the Jotul more. We currently have a Dutchwest 2460 in our basement. We got a steal on the stove and the chimney so it was basically like throwing in a free stove. We used that for this heating season and it is too small. It just does not put out enough heat or hold enough wood. I have been looking at reviews fot the Englander and was all set to purchase it but the Jotul is very eye pleasing. They seem to have close to the same firebox size. I know steel vs cast iron construction but are there major differences in terms of the quality or burn times? I like that the Jotul has a side loading door and from what I have read it seems like ash removal is easier with the Jotul. Looking at the Englander is seems like it might be a pain. Currently with the grating in the Dutchwest I just scrap the ashes and any small pieces fall through nicely. If anyone has any input on either of these it would be appreciated.

They are similar just like a Mercedes and a VW are both cars and both will get you to the store for groceries. And they are that different. If the aesthetics and side door operation of the Jotul are appealing, that's what I would go for. Burn time will be roughly similar, loading is more flexible with the squarer firebox in the 30NC.

Get the F600. It is a heating beast.

Status
Not open for further replies.