Englander 32-NC: Earthbound home stability?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Like Begreen said, it’s no more risky than an asphalt shingled, or rubber roof. I’m a sheetmetal worker by trade and if you cut the flashing to fit the roof ribs as in the picture properly (not all hacked up) and use a good sealant (I’m partial to Solar Seal for this application) it shouldn’t ever leak.
Thank you good Sir. I can look for the product you mentioned.

Okay, so update time. The stove is dollied on the covered porch for the night, all umpteen 300# of it. Chimney and stovepipe time.

Room has cathedral ceilings no attic. 24" O.C. rafters, 5/12 pitch (the flashing is on order from begreen's mention earlier), sealant (from mention is being located). DuraTech 6" SS pipe and chimney (will measure heights tomorrow and distance from ridge). What parts do we need for the roof penetration, support box, reduced clearance? barrier, framing, trim ring...? I don't think the kits are complete but could be wrong.

Could you all recommend a few online dealers? Thanks again all!