Englander 55SHP22 - Bottom Auger function

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dbadoo

Hearth Supporter
Oct 30, 2008
Newbury
Hello,
The bottom auger on the stove runs continuously, the settings are on 1 and 3(fan), the other three settings on the bottom are 2,4,1 respectively. The flame is real strong and then way down over about ten minutes or so. Is the bottom auger supposed to run all the time?

Hi Dana,

Yes, the bottom auger always turns. The top auger turns intermittently, the rate depends on the feed rate you have set. I have the same stove and I notice the same "pulsing".

I imagine that there are people on this forum who could explain whether this is just a random phenomenon, or something the control board creates by reviewing the sensor data and compensating:

-- Flame is too high > slow down top auger feed rate
-- Flame is too low > increase top auger feed rate

I suspect it's probably the control board, as it seems to happen too regularly to be random.

Good Luck with your stove!

Ray

Thanks Ray, at least I know I am not alone. I don't know if my mother will ever have to have move it off one since it is heating pretty good on that setting. I just wondered if the fluctuation and the constant turning was normal.
Thanks again

Normal.

DanaD said:
Hello,
The bottom auger on the stove runs continuously, the settings are on 1 and 3(fan), the other three settings on the bottom are 2,4,1 respectively. The flame is real strong and then way down over about ten minutes or so. Is the bottom auger supposed to run all the time?

the bottom auger does run continuously , the top intermittant as stated, however if the flame is dying to coals every several minutes , check the "door ajar" vacuum port , which is a small hole locate don the back of the firewall about a half inch below the baffle plate and about a half inch to the right of the OUTSIDE wall of the burn pot, if this hole becomes restricted with ash it can cause inconsistant feeding , locate the hole and simply ream it out with a toothpick or a straightened out paper clip. if this is still giving you trouble PM me your daytime phone number and i will have you contacted by my satff

Mike Holton for President!

Status
Not open for further replies.