Englander air circulater

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kevinmerchant

Jul 29, 2009
Cheshire, CT
I'm trying to decide if getting a blower would help distribute hot air to cold room. The fan for my dutchwest is $185, but i saw the blower for englanders stoves with 12 or 13 in the model # looks like it would fit my stove. If anybody has this blower, could you tell me the diameter of the hole and flange on the blower.
I would really appreciate it and so would my wallet at a $56 savings.
Thanks
Kevin

burn it said:
I'm trying to decide if getting a blower would help distribute hot air to cold room. The fan for my dutchwest is $185, but i saw the blower for englanders stoves with 12 or 13 in the model # looks like it would fit my stove. If anybody has this blower, could you tell me the diameter of the hole and flange on the blower.
I would really appreciate it and so would my wallet at a $56 savings.
Thanks
Kevin

Check out www.grainger.com they have flange mount blowers ... That's what I use on mine and just redrilled the flange holes and painted it black to match the stove.. At the time was less than 30 bucks.. I added a toggle switch and cordset and have used this over 10 yrs... Just clean and oil it once a yr..

Ray

I put a little Radio Shack muffin fan on the back of my Century. It sounds odd at first, but these fans are designed to live in an enclosed, hot environment and cool expensive electronics. It ran less than $20.

Matt

Do you remember what size cfm

What the heck is a muffin fan. I looked at radio shack but the search didnt like the muffin part. lots of fans.

EatenByLimestone said:
I put a little Radio Shack muffin fan on the back of my Century. It sounds odd at first, but these fans are designed to live in an enclosed, hot environment and cool expensive electronics. It ran less than $20.

Matt

They are very quiet too and will last longer if you spend a bit more for the ball bearing models.. They use very little power as an added bonus.. Some call them pancake fans too...

Ray

To answer the original question, a blower may possibly not make a big difference, especially if the stove blower output is not directed towards the cold room.

Do you have a box or table fan? If so, try placing it on the floor, in the cold area, pointing towards the stove. This should be line of sight. The idea is to assist convection by moving the cold air towards the stove. It will be replaced by warmer air from the stove area.

Status
Not open for further replies.