Englander control boards - 55-shp10l and unknown

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

garrettinsley

Nov 26, 2021
Cumberland, MD
Hello all. I am brand new to pellet stove and have a fairly simple question. I bought a used englander pellet stove. I believe it is a englander 55-shp10LIt has the auctomatic ignite with the sensor inside the burn chamber. The top auger quit working and we did tests to, I believe, narrow it down to a control board issue. So, I went and bought another stove that I thought was just like it, everything is similar except it doesn’t have the automatic ignite feature and no sensor inside the chamber. It also doesn’t have the switch inside the pellet hopper that tells it that the lid is closed. I am wondering if I can use this control board on the one that has the automatic ignite? Everything else seems exactly the same. Can someone please help me and provide some info! Thank you all. This forum has helped so much already! Also, the first two pictures are of the one that stopped working, the 3rd photo is the one without the auto ignite.

Garret
Cumberland, MD

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited:
Yes as long as its from the same model stove, it should be fine. Top auger failure is usually a vacuum issue. Clogged pathways inside the stove, clogged/cracked vacuum tubing.

Yes as long as its from the same model stove, it should be fine. Top auger failure is usually a vacuum issue. Clogged pathways inside the stove, clogged/cracked vacuum tubing.
Thank you Ssyko for the info. We bypassed all vaccums, switches, etc and still nothing. It would work intermittently for a brief second or two. If the one stove has an automatic ignite and the other does not, that would mean different models correct?

No they may be the same model one is a very early version. The 25pdv and it’s lil brother the 25pdvc use the same control board an will both run with either programming. Im in a walmart parking lot waiting on the warden but i can look up the units on my desktop when i get back to the shop

Well that would be very kind of you! I never knew there would be so many friendly people out there willing to help so much. I greatly appreciate this. Let me know if there is something I can provide to help like numbers located on each unit somewhere.

Can you post a picture of each of the control boards ( the back side)