Englander Convection Blower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Trophy_67

Hello,
Need to pick the Brains of the forum.
My Englander 25 PAH has been acting strange the last week or so, after start up it is taking longer and longer for the convection blower to come on.
I have cleaned the vacume tube and swept out the entire inside of the stove and today it actually went through "start up" mode
and throttled down to setting #2 for feed and ran like that for bought 5 minutes before the convection blower came on and I could hear the stove getting hot it was "TINKING" after the blower comes on the stove will run just fine until I shut it down 24/48 hrs. later.
ANY IDEAS?
Thanks!
Tim

I don't have the PAH, but my PDV does the same thing when it goes through start-up. I've found it tends to be worse when the stove goes through the automatic start up vs when I throw a handful of pellets in and light them with a torch. In the automatic mode, there is a pretty good pile of pellets in the pot before they ignite. When I do it by hand, there is a more even burn that doesn't seem to make the big flame.

Sometimes, when my stove is idling on low for a while, the convection blower will shut off. And, I definitely get the ticking when the stove goes from low to high and back to low.

As long as the blower is turning on and there aren't any overheat shutdowns, you should be ok.

Look at the area in the firebox at about the spot the temperature sensor is attached, if this is getting a good amount of ash deposited on it the probe will not see AOT until later in the start up.

Also if the probe has become loose the same thing can occur and even be a bit random.

Status
Not open for further replies.