Englander leg swap out

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Danno77

Minister of Fire
Oct 27, 2008
Hamilton, IL
I put the new 30 on the 6 inch legs that the 12 had. Now I'm putting the longer 9" legs from the thirty onto my 12.

Am I correct in assuming that this does absolutely nothing for me regarding r-value requirements on the 12 because it wasn't tested with those legs? Manual gives requirements, but doesn't state a thing about pedestal or legs or longer legs...

I can always shoot Mike an email about it, but unless somebody knows differently, I'll just proceed by the manual.

I swear I was posting this in the hearth forum. Obviously not. Pen/Fossil/BB/BG? Anyone feel like felling this over into the right forum?

Done.

Since they list the 9" legs in the 12 section of the parts site they should be fine.

BrotherBart said:
Done.

Since they list the 9" legs in the 12 section of the parts site they should be fine.
Yeah, I figured they would be fine. What I Was hoping, though, is that I could reduce my hearth r-value from the 2 they have listed in the manual. BUT, since the manual doesn't seem to differentiate between the legs and pedestal then I am probably stuck with following the requirements listed within.

Edit: thanks for the move!

Yep. Mike confirms that it doesn't matter what's on there. Hearth requirement is R2.

Status
Not open for further replies.