Englander Model # 55-SHPCB120 not staying lit

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jocko

Jul 5, 2015
Monessen, Pennsylvania
I recently purchased an Englander 55. Hooked it all up and did the test 'dry run' as manufacture recommends. After dry run, loaded with pellets, set it on 60 degrees and it started dropping pellets. Pellets lit and shortly after I had a flame. Stove stayed lit for about 10 minutes and stopped dropping pellets. Shortly after the fire went out and the blower still stayed on and blowed until I switched the mode from automatic to manual, stove kicked back in and started dropping more pellets. No error codes, nothing out of the ordinary that I can tell.

Not sure what the hell is going on with this but it is beyond frustrating! Any help is greatly appreciated

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Summers-Heat-2-200-sq-ft-Pellet-Stove/1000080707

http://www.heatredefined.com/assets/images/general/25-CB120_1.pdf

What temperature is your room the stove is in? In auto mode it picks up room temp from the thermocouple on the back of the stove, if the area in the rear of the stove is 60 or higher your stove will shut down just like a thermostat and furnace. May try setting it to 70-80 to get it up and running

Last edited:
I don't have an exact temp but I would think it was under. I had it set to 75 and it dumped a ton of pellets into the pot and had a huge fire because it loaded the burn pot. Im starting to think the thermocoupler wire is bad because its not staying on when in manual mode either. Does the same thing, runs 5-10 min and then shuts down after that is burnt. Have to go to the stove and change to auto or a high manual mode to get it to drop again. I'm going to call them tomorrow but figured if I could get some info tonight it could be helpful.

Check your vac tube and make sure it didn’t come off in transportation or install. When you hit start the programing in the stove takes control of everything for 15min and proof of fire (low limit snap disc) vac controls the auger when it goes from start up to run mode (all done internally in the prom chip on the control board).

If you call be near your stove and call at 0801am est. less of a hold time