Englander nc 30

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maple man

Burning Hunk
I have an englander nc 30 and is burning 2 year seasond
Norway maple I can't figure out why I can't burn the coals
Down to a powder I have to empty them every other day
Hot and it is dusty why or how do I burn down the coals
Thank you

Drag'em across the front of the firebox and lay a very small split across them E/W and open the air all the way. Gives heat while it burns down the coals. Or at least it is in my living room at the moment getting ready for the night load.

I don't reload as frequently as a lot of folks, since my 30 is oversized for my house. I take what coals I have and line them up front to back down the center of my stove. When i put in the splits, I leave a little channel front to back where the coals are for the doghouse jet to blow air through to the back of the stove.

The air and hot coals work well to quickly get the new load fired off, even with relatively few coals when my stove is mostly cold.

One thing you might try is opening the air back up at the end of your burn cycle before you reload. Maybe 30 minutes or so. The extra air will help burn down the coals.

Some folks run into this problem when the constantly keep adding a split or two to the stove instead of burning in cycles. I find the 30 burns best in cycles.

-SF

Status
Not open for further replies.