1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Englander NC30 Baffle Board Shifted

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by katwillny, Jan 22, 2013.

1. katwillny

katwillny Guest

Ahhh I must have loaded the stove and during the burn a log must have seesawed on top of another and hit the baffle board and one is now higher than the other and there is a big gap in between the two boards. Secondaries are going on and I me no wanna put me hand in thurr .<>. How concerned should I be about that. i shut down the air in an attempt to stop the secondaries but they aint budging. Im checking the flu temps with the IR thermometer, and its maintaining so is the stove top temps. I may need a clean pair of shorts soon. <>;ex;?_g

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. PLAYS WITH FIRE

PLAYS WITH FIRE Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Pittsburgh, Pa.
    Happens all the time on my parents 30 all I do is put on welders gloves and use the poker to gently move it back into place.
  3. DexterDay

DexterDay Guest

You can move it... Or leave it for the duration.

Won't really hurt much....
  4. katwillny

katwillny Guest

I found an old pair of welders gloves my buddy had left in my tool shed and put it back down. That sucked, but i think i made it bigger than it really was. LOL. My wife flipping out and asking me if the fire would now go up the flue didnt help matters much.
  5. Jack Fate

Jack Fate Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Northwest Ohio
    Wife's are really helpful that way aren't they ;)