Englander pdv25 pellet stove - small fire

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jwoot

Nov 17, 2009
East Coast
Ok..so I am having an odd problem with my Englander 25pdv pellet stove. The fire in the stove is always small and never puts out much heat. Specifically, the stove lights and the fire will keep burning but just barely. If I set the stove to 7 or 8 the fire gets larger but it just isn't putting out much heat {almost none}

The combustion motor and the room blowers both seem to working just fine and the stove is not smoking. It is almost like the stove is having a problem on the upper auger. The lower auger appears to be rotating without any problems.

I am going to tear the stove apart this weekend and give it a good cleaning {including leaf blower method} I will also doublecheck the auger motors, but since the fire does start and keep burning I don't know if this is the problem.

Any suggestions on what to check would be appreciated :) Thanks.

jwoot said:
Ok..so I am having an odd problem with my Englander 25pdv pellet stove. The fire in the stove is always small and never puts out much heat. Specifically, the stove lights and the fire will keep burning but just barely. If I set the stove to 7 or 8 the fire gets larger but it just isn't putting out much heat {almost none}

The combustion motor and the room blowers both seem to working just fine and the stove is not smoking. It is almost like the stove is having a problem on the upper auger. The lower auger appears to be rotating without any problems.

I am going to tear the stove apart this weekend and give it a good cleaning {including leaf blower method} I will also doublecheck the auger motors, but since the fire does start and keep burning I don't know if this is the problem.

Any suggestions on what to check would be appreciated :) Thanks.

What are your bottom button settings?

*smack hand on head* Yeah....wasn't thinking. My settings were set to 1-1-1 which would easily explain this. The only explanation I have for that is my daughter was being helpful with the buttons again. Thanks as always :)

well now I know a setting of 1-1-1 will work in providiing a small amount of heat and keep the stove going for the warmer days! thanks ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.