Englander PDVC-25 shutdown problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tenshuu

Sep 24, 2014
Maine
This morning I got up with the girlfriend and kiddo, decided I'd clean the pellet stove right after they left.

I gathered my vacuum and cleaning supplies, hit the "Off" button on my control board.... And nothing happens, it does not display "S" "D" as it had been all week..... I can not get this thing to do down. I tried tripping the door sensor for 5 minutes as well, and no go.

Currently waiting for rest of hopper to empty out. I'd call Englander but they have phones off until 8am.

All other buttons on control board are functioning, except for the "off" switch.

Open the hopper and leave it open, stay with the stove until the flames go out and the hot coals have gone out, the stove will then go into shutdown mode after 20 mins due to the lack of fuel.

Once the stove has cooled, do a board control reset, once you have done this you will need to reset the mode to 'D' as the board will default to 'A'. (There is a post on this site on how to do this.)

If this fails to correct the issue, you will need to contact Englander Stove Works for more help.

Last edited:
Reactions: tenshuu
Open the hopper and leave it open, stay with the stove until the flames go out and the hot coals have gone out, the stove will then go into shutdown mode after 20 mins due to the lack of fuel.
Thanks! Trying that now.

Edit: so I left the hopper open and waited. Apparently with the hopper door open the top auger was still spinning on intervals, but I removed all the pellets I could from the hopper.

I'll do the board reset and change modes to D as soon as this sucker finally shuts down. The off switch worked fine all week too haha.

Added note - this is at least a second secondhand stove. 2005 model, just picked it up and installed it Sunday. Puts out fantastic heat for our 1500 square foot home.

Last edited:
let me know if the board reset does not cure the issue

Did a reset, got the f5 message. Then changed mode to "d". Checked lower three buttons were set to 5-4-1. I hit start to test a dry run, and the off button still does not turn the stove into shutdown mode

Last edited:
ok, try this.

unplug/replug
press both the Low Fuel Feed AND the Air On Temp together immediatly after plugging the stove in
this should light up a dash in the blower speed.

then push the on button , the green light should light up but the stove will not start.

then press the off buttpon and see if the red led for off lights up.

its sounding like the button on the touch pad is acting up.

to get out of the test mode , unplug the stove and plug back in

ok, try this.

unplug/replug
press both the Low Fuel Feed AND the Air On Temp together immediatly after plugging the stove in
this should light up a dash in the blower speed.

then push the on button , the green light should light up but the stove will not start.

then press the off buttpon and see if the red led for off lights up.

its sounding like the button on the touch pad is acting up.

to get out of the test mode , unplug the stove and plug back in
Off led doesn't light up, on button does

well a "quick and dirty" fix would be to simply unplug one of the wires from the top auger , this would stop feed and allow the stove to go out. or wire a switch into one of the top auger wires to cut power that way.

Could you turn it on an off by way of a thermostat?

Mike,

Is the button an easy fix (replace the button / switch) ...... say one was to do it themselves ?

Sorry Mike, I think you mis-understood my question....

If one was to replace the button on the control board....... is it an easy fix with the correct button, and if so, where to get said button so that it can be soldered to the board after the defective one is removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.