1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

ENGLANDER Pellet Owners-wanna share good stuff?

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by jimmieguns, Jan 21, 2013.

1. jlupi

jlupi Member

Loc:
    hudson valley, ny
    Pesky clearances to combustibles. They just put that there so people dont lick the hot stove. You know the same people that would buy a pellet from HD

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. N.E S4

N.E S4 Member

Englander must have sold tons of the 25 pdvc. $1100.00 for a brand new unit with warranty. I've seen people on craigslist trying to sell a used unit for $1200.00 go figure

This is my first stove I love it.
    Thaddius Wenderoth likes this.
  3. turbosporsche

turbosporsche Member

Loc:
    Shelton,ct
    yai don't get that and u can get them from am/fm online for 799 and that's for a reman with warranty
  4. N.E S4

N.E S4 Member

I couldn't pull up that site, I'd like to see what else they have.
  5. Shaw520

Shaw520 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Modena
  6. N.E S4

N.E S4 Member

Found it, amfmengergy.com
  7. N.E S4

N.E S4 Member

Wow great price. Very tempting I need a stove for the living room.

Thanks, I'll book mark the site. Is there a site for Harman as well for reman stove?
  8. Thaddius Wenderoth

Thaddius Wenderoth Feeling the Heat

I think my next stove is going to be the 25-IP from them. But can you believe the $799 price for a refurb PDVC? That is a steal for that stove as far as I am concerned. I have already got about 5 buddies looking into these stoves because they are so impressed with mine. No one can go wrong getting a Quad or a Harman but I don't think you do with these stoves either. So much bang for the buck! Well i guess no bang as long as you keep the curtains away ::-)
    Shaw520 likes this.
  9. turbosporsche

turbosporsche Member

Loc:
    Shelton,ct
    Ya I havent found a discount price for harman. Good news is my hopper extension came today now ill beable to hold more than half a bag. Lol
  10. N.E S4

N.E S4 Member

Nice! I've ordered my the other day I should have it Friday.

I can't believe I'm spending so much time on this forum instead of a Ducati forum.

It's been very educational for a first time owner.
    Thaddius Wenderoth likes this.
  11. DexterDay

DexterDay Guest

What gauge wire? You do realize that elongating the cord, will drop the voltage to the Board? Which can make it Chit the bed?

Thats why certain things are to NEVER be plugged into an extension cord, or add to the current cord.

The last cord I bought was 10 gauge/25 ft and was $114.99... Still wouldn't use it on my stoves. I ran a dedicated line just for my Furnace. Why risk the investment?

How do we function in life you ask? ? SMH?
    Brokenwing and h2ochild like this.
  12. chrisasst

chrisasst Minister of Fire

Loc:
    cortland ny
    Half a bag....I can get a full bag in mine with most pellets.. Some I can't get completely the whole thing but close.

Where and how much is this hopper extension? Pics?
  13. N.E S4

N.E S4 Member

14. Jason Knapp

Jason Knapp Member

Loc:
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    That's exactly what I did! I'm still working on the guard under the burn pot. Just welding the side holes closed and making a gasket for between the burn pot and cradle made a HUGE difference!
  15. turbosporsche

turbosporsche Member

Loc:
    Shelton,ct
    Not sure why englander couldn't do that
  16. smoke show

smoke show Guest

what kinda differences are we seeing? mine seems to get too much air now on 1&2 even with the lba bottomed out.
  17. turbosporsche

turbosporsche Member

Loc:
    Shelton,ct
    U get a cleaner burn on high less of the ash wad that tends to be pushed into the glass. Since my house is on the larger end I haven ran the stove on 1 or 2 in a long time. I typically set it on 5 or 6 and use a thermostat to turn it on off. But then again mine is in heat mode c so its like running it on 9 or 10 if it went that high.

I should throw a temp prob on it and run it through different heat setting then make a chart for my friends on here. Maybe something to due while we r getting this dam blizzard
    smoke show likes this.
  18. Jason Knapp

Jason Knapp Member

Loc:
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    I have a 25 ep, After welding the holes shut, (both rows on the pot closest to the glass, the bottom row closest to the bricks. I also welded the big hole on the left side of the pot. I left the hole open for the igniter.) I then made a gasket out of the left over material from the new exhaust housing gasket and put it between the pot and the cradle. My stove settings are 2,5,1. My heat is on 3 and my blower is on 5 or higher. My stove is running so much better. Ash is being blown out of the pot, my clinker issue is gone. I haven't had to scrape my pot in over 24 hours!
    DexterDay likes this.