Englander Pellet stove- electrical issues and resale cost?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

mrmojo182

Oct 18, 2009
East
Hello,
I am posting on my husband's account, I know he used to enjoy looking through these posts. He recently passed away unexpectedly, and I am left with a few issues with our pellet stove. We were already thinking of selling it, but hadn't done it yet. I am wondering if anyone has any idea of what a good asking price would be for it. I will attach pictures. I believe it is an Englander, although I can't see that written anywhere on it. I searched the model number and that led me to think Englander. A problem is that when I plug it in, and hit the "on" button, nothing happens. I have checked the outlet, it is fine, so there is something wrong on the stove. I am not sure if it is an easy fix, and I don't really intend on doing any work to it, I am hoping to sell it as is.

So my 2 questions--
1) Any ideas for an easy fix to the electrical problem?
2) What would be a good asking price to sell it as is?

Thank you for any help.
Alison

IMG_20221115_143511213.jpg IMG_20221115_143545744.jpg IMG_20221115_143554029.jpg

Hello,
I am posting on my husband's account, I know he used to enjoy looking through these posts. He recently passed away unexpectedly, and I am left with a few issues with our pellet stove. We were already thinking of selling it, but hadn't done it yet. I am wondering if anyone has any idea of what a good asking price would be for it. I will attach pictures. I believe it is an Englander, although I can't see that written anywhere on it. I searched the model number and that led me to think Englander. A problem is that when I plug it in, and hit the "on" button, nothing happens. I have checked the outlet, it is fine, so there is something wrong on the stove. I am not sure if it is an easy fix, and I don't really intend on doing any work to it, I am hoping to sell it as is.

So my 2 questions--
1) Any ideas for an easy fix to the electrical problem?
2) What would be a good asking price to sell it as is?

Thank you for any help.
Alison

View attachment 303295 View attachment 303296 View attachment 303297
Can anyone help me with this?
Thanks,
Alison

Check to see what used pellet stoves are selling for in your area
Different parts of the country sell for different prices
Craigslist is a good place to start
My condolences on your loss

I would agree with johneh on checking prices in your area. Here in Maine prices are all over the place, the first stove I got I paid 200.00 and nothing wrong with it and the last one a 10-cdv was free. So hard to tell what it would be worth to sell.
Sorry for your loss

I would agree with johneh on checking prices in your area. Here in Maine prices are all over the place, the first stove I got I paid 200.00 and nothing wrong with it and the last one a 10-cdv was free. So hard to tell what it would be worth to sell.
Sorry for your loss
Thanks, I'm in Massachusetts, so not too far from Maine. I just want to try to get the most i can for it, without looking like a jerk for over pricing it. And at the same time not get too little for it. My husband would have known exactly what to ask and how much it would sell for.

Sorry for your loss.

It is a difficult thing to price being non-working. It does look like it was quite well taken care of. It could be simple, it could be something more costly. You are correct on it being an Englander/same family of brands based on model number.

I wouldn't expect much for it in its current state if nothing happens at all with it, assuming you know you are doing the right thing with the controls.

So, when you plug it in the control panel has no power? Nothing lights up? Unplug, and check the fuse on the inside of the control panel.

Or.... do you mean when you plug it in an outlet and press "on" the pellets don't ignite?

My condolences.

So, when you plug it in the control panel has no power? Nothing lights up? Unplug, and check the fuse on the inside of the control panel.

Or.... do you mean when you plug it in an outlet and press "on" the pellets don't ignite?

My condolences.
Thanks.
Yes, the control panel has no power. I push "on" and nothing happens, nothing lights up, etc. I tried to open it a bit to look at the electrical, but I have no idea what I'm looking at!! It seems to me that it might be as simple as a fuse (I didn't know it has that!) But if that's it, it should be an easy fix for someone who knows what they are doing, right?

Thanks.
Yes, the control panel has no power. I push "on" and nothing happens, nothing lights up, etc. I tried to open it a bit to look at the electrical, but I have no idea what I'm looking at!! It seems to me that it might be as simple as a fuse (I didn't know it has that!) But if that's it, it should be an easy fix for someone who knows what they are doing, right?
Yes, if it is indeed the fuse, it certainly is an easy fix. If you're able, look for the glass type of fuse on the back of the control panel / board. If you're familiar with those small glass fuses in Christmas light strings, that is what you're looking for. I'm just offering a suggestion that would disrupt power to the Control Panel / Stove. I've had to replace mine in the past, and had a similar situation of ''No Power" and it was the fuse.

Good luck.