Englander Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kdp7462

Jan 10, 2007
Hi All
About a week ago I posted a question about low flame and low heat output in my Englander PDV. I have since been adjusting the bottom 3 buttons for Low fuel feed and low burn air. I am running it at heat setting 1. I have settled in the LBA at 6. I am getting the best/hottest burn I have ever gotten out of it at 1. No sooted window, full burn of the pellets ect. My question is that at the 9 setting, am I essentially at a Heat setting of 3 or 4? Will I run through pellets much mroe quickly? I just have had it running for last night into this morning and then this evening so far. I was able to get the house up to about 83 last night, compared to less than 98/69 on the 5 setting I was on previous. Any info would be great!

What are you setting to 9 in this scenario?

Rick... sounds like KDP is setting the LFF at 9 and wondering what that feed rate is equivilant to, a heat setting of 3 or 4? Thats how i read it anyways. I have wondered that myself.

I suppose if you ramp up the LFF to 9 on heat setting 2, you may be able to get an equivilant feed rate of maybe heat setting 5, while being able to manipulate the combustion air, if desired.

I see what you're saying, but that sounds like the opposite of it's intended use.

Status
Not open for further replies.