Englander Room Blower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CJ03

Nov 25, 2008
maine
Wondering if anyone can give me some insight as to why, for the last week or so, my room blower comes on right away from a cold stove. Normally it would come on after there was fire and I assume reached proof of temp type deal. Now it will come on right as I push the on button to start the stove. Is this a symptom of an issue with the blower? Will the life of it be shortened if it continues to do this?

Thanks!

nope, sounds like the temp sensor is bad, or did you change your settings on the board. I believe the button furthest to the right controls the temp at which that fan comes on, I beleive mine is set to 1 (not sure of the temp)

maybe the temperature sensor is stuck on, so it thinks it is up to temp? i don't thnk it will shorten the life of the room blower, because the room blower is always on, with exception to the .01% of the time that the stove is A) either warming up after a cold start, or B) cooling down after a shutdown. It may however be a safety concern, because the same temp probe that detects proof of fire may also detect an overfire. check with Englander on that one.

Orange Crush CJ-7 said:
maybe the temperature sensor is stuck on, so it thinks it is up to temp? i don't thnk it will shorten the life of the room blower, because the room blower is always on, with exception to the .01% of the time that the stove is A) either warming up after a cold start, or B) cooling down after a shutdown. It may however be a safety concern, because the same temp probe that detects proof of fire may also detect an overfire. check with Englander on that one.

How do I check the temp switch? Where would it be, and how do I check to see if it is stuck on?

Status
Not open for further replies.