Englander Stove Exhaust Fan turns off

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

gauntrunr

Dec 13, 2020
Upstate NY
Have a 2001 Englander 25-PI. replaced all of the motors in the past two years. however, it was still not burning quiet right. Replaced the control panel this morning. the issue is that once the stove is through the "start up" phase (the 5 U on the control panel is no longer there) the exhaust blower turns off and the flame eventually dies.

Any ideas on how to remedy?

have you given it a good thorough cleaning? the 5U is actually S U for Start Up. do you get any error codes? if it doesn't have enough vacuum it will shut down

ok unplug the stove and pull the two wires off the vacuum switch, hook them together with a paperclip. do not let the wires touch the stove. tape them up if need be. plug stove back in and start it up. see if it runs normal.

Did you buy it new? Never seen an englander without a vac switch. Manual shows a vac switch. Well if that is the case your vent is clogged up or the combustion blower is getting weak or dirty. Or the path through the stove is restricted. Look for a hose hooked to the combustion blower chamber

Did this ever get resolved? I have an identical issue with my 2001 Englander 25-PAF and the exhaust blower sitting down after startup. Just replaced the control board. No vacuum switch on my model and Year so I transferred the vacuum switch bypass to the new board from the old one. Runs fine thru the dry start up. Thought the exhaust blower was going bad so I replaced that as well but same problem. Thanks