Englander

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EWILT

Dec 5, 2007
Wyoming
Does anyone know what the holes below the door are for on a 25-pdv? Mine has two square holes and two bolts sticking out between the holes. Just curious as the owners manual doesn't address them. Thanks. Also has anyone figured out what causes the pellets to build up in the burn pot area. After 3-4 hours of burning mine gets a buildup and I have to scoop out the unburnt pellets. Any sollutions?

Eric

Don't know the answer to the buildup, but the bolts are what hold the burn pot in the stove. You remove them to take out the burn pot and replace the gasket.

In response to the issue of pellets building up in the burn pot and going up the shoot, this is what I found. My husband and I purchased an Englander 55-SHP240 in December. It ran great for about a month, and then we started having problems with the pellets building up in the burn pot and up the shoot. We were on the phone at least twice a week with Customer Service. They sent us some replacement parts and gave us many suggestions, but nothing was working. We were ready to bring the stove back to Lowe's. My gut feeling was that it was a combustion problem even though we cleaned the stove every day. Well, I read and re-read the manual and watched the DVD a couple more times from beginning to end. And this is what I discovered. The ash dump plates as shown in the manual and on the DVD are L-shaped, the ones in my stove are just flat and sit on the bottom of the combustion chamber. We remove them daily, dump the ashes into the ash pan, vacuum out the stove. The manual and DVD say to clean the ash inside the heat exchange box through the holes on the rear panel exposed by removing the cover plates. Well, our dump cover plates, being flat, do not expose the holes in the rear panel. We notice a flat plate with a srew covering the heat exchange box - both to the left and right of the burn pot. We removed those flat plates and discovered that the heat exchange boxes were full of ash. We cleaned them out and also thoroughly cleaned the shelf near the top of the fire box on the inside of the unit. It's only been one day, but so far the stove is working great again. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.