England's 17 VL Outside combustion air ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
kit looks good, when using round support boxes it's easier to cut a piece of cardboard to use as a stencil to make your cuts, using a strong and plumb bob to find your centers on your ceiling and roof in relation to your stove outlet, if you don't have a plumb bob using a nut tied to the end of the string. Use tape in an x on your stove outlet to determine the center (helps while working off a ladder)
And good luck with the install, I'm happy that you guys where opened up to listening to the posts and members here, sometimes people like to argue and it makes things frustrating

No argument here. I should probably ask a mod to change the thread title....maybe I'll start a new one. Thanks Kenny. I'm sure I'll ask more questions through my first season. It would be great to supplement my heating with it if nothing else...not sure how successful it will be at the end of the house. But I'm excited!

You'll be much better off with that straight up chimney. And I doubt you'll have anything but good things to say about your 17 after you've burned with it for a while. I absolutely love mine. There's a learning curve with any stove. Once your used to it, it will do a fine job of heating that addition and supplementing your house.

Thanks MM. in the process of taking down my ghetto engineered "chimney"...as soon as the 6 month old takes a nap. I'm excited. I've been collecting wood for almost a year. It's split and stacked and mostly all between 15-20%. I was a wood floor contractor by trade so I have had some experience with MC in wood.

Status
Not open for further replies.