England's 25-PDV upper auger problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SRTGRAMPY

Jan 5, 2014
Massachusetts
I just set up a new England pellet stove. It's all installed, but during the dry run set up, the top auger was not turning. Englands customer service is not available on weekend. Anybody have a suggestion?

1 auger runs constantly and the other according to your heat setting.

Also, if the door is not sealed the upper auger will not run. This is controlled by a vacuum switch.
The lower auger should run whenever the stove is on.

close the front door, turn the unit on with the hopper open , locate the push button in the hopper the lid would normally close against , hold it down and closely watch the auger , cycle on the top auger at the beginning of start up ate just short of 5 seconds on , 10 seconds off, so it moves slowly for about a half inch of rotation every 10 seconds, kinda hard to see if not watching closely.

let me know if its not working as I explained and i'll try to help you

Status
Not open for further replies.