enviro 2 burn pot liner

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisasst

Minister of Fire
Aug 13, 2008
cortland ny
Would you buy a new burn pot liner? It is very rusty, i have brushed it and brushed it. I dont think it effects the burn. A new one is about $ 60 i think. Also the enviros seem to have 2 styles, a high ash and a lower sided one. What is better. I appear to have the high ash one.

Attachments

• IMG_20120807_150711.jpg
    IMG_20120807_150711.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_20120807_150355.jpg
    IMG_20120807_150355.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 149
Would you buy a new burn pot liner? It is very rusty, i have brushed it and brushed it. I dont think it effects the burn. A new one is about $ 60 i think. Also the enviros seem to have 2 styles, a high ash and a lower sided one. What is better. I appear to have the high ash one.

Hello
If it works fine then I would not change it. A new one will get dingy and stained real quick.

I agree with the above, if you want to make it look nice for the off season get some high temp spray paint.

Hi Chris definitely keeper. Nothing wrong with it, if the stainless hasn't worn thru. Paint with hi temp black, and keep her going. Baking soda in the burnpot over the summer will help keep moisture and rust from happening- also a good paint job inside after the burn season (prob done the same time you do the end of season disassembly and cleaning) is done will help out on the rust too. Don't forget the heat exch tube cleaning rod too it tends to stick and rust as well, good luck.

Stovelark
Enviro EF3 FS pellet
Enviro Empress A/C FPI pellet
Enviro 1700 Kodiak FS wood

I have 2 EF-2 burn pot liners.
Original that came with stove was warped badly. I thought I needed a new one.
I bought it and installed it next cleaning.
Figured I'd keep the original as a spare.
Used a mallet to re-shape it back to what it should look like.
After 1 season the "new" one looked about the same as the "fixed" old one.
Could have saved myself some $$$ and just straightened out the original.

If I were you I'd clean it up and use it till it burns through.
---Nailer---

Status
Not open for further replies.